Old 17-10-2014, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farmer Giles Farmer Giles is offline

Default David Poole's funeral

On 08/05/2014 08:39, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Farmer Giles" wrote

Sacha wrote:
Farmer Giles said:

, Sacha wrote:
I've heard from David's sister about his funeral which will take place
on 6th May at 1pm in Pedmore, Warwickshire, followed by burial at
Hagley Cemetery. I don't know if we'll be able to go but if we
can, we
certainly will. The funeral is open to all David's friends and his
family would love to receive flowers for him, knowing how much they
meant to him. If anyone would like further details because they
wish to
attend, please email me on the nursery address:

Forgive if I'm mistaken, but isn't that Pedmore near Stourbridge -
West Midlands. This is next to place called Hagley, so sounds more
like it.

I've given the barest details because we're on the internet,

Correction, you gave the wrong details.

For the life of me I cannot see where Sacha gave the wrong details,
please explain. Pedmore and Stourbridge are both, or were, in
Warwickshire, and are commonly known as being there. Are you not just
being a pedant?
It's like Ashford, Middlesex which is now in Surrey but no-one ever says
Ashford, Surrey.

Pedmore and Stourbridge are not - and never have been - in Warwickshire.
They are in the West Midlands, and were previously in Worcester and/or
Staffordshire - but never in Warwickshire.

(Sorry about the delay in responding, I haven't visited this ng in months).

---