Old 18-10-2014, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Bell Michael Bell is offline

Default Sterilising alder seeds with hydrogen peroxide

There is no Phyophthera on alder that I can see around where I live
(Tyne and Wear) but to be extra sure I want to sterilise the seeds
before I stratify them and plant them out. I am told that hydrogen
peroxide is "the stuff". 6% solution is available in Sainsbury's as a
mouth wash (not for me, thank you!) but I want to take advice before I
do it. I don't want to kill the seeds!

Michael Bell

--

---