Old 21-10-2014, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Growing spuds over Winter

"'Mike'" wrote

Whilst preparing the potatoes for this evening's meal, a thought struck me.
Some were chitting away quite merrily. Now following my overwhelming
success with the spud in a pot during the Summer, what would happen if I
tried to repeat the process NOW with a spud which obviously wants to grow?

When we were at our last house and had plenty of room and a couple of large
poly tunnels, we used to plant spuds in them on Boxing Day and had early
spuds on the table.

Small garden now, so, Spud in a pot again?

I was in a GC yesterday, Squires at West Horsley or Clandon Park, can't
remember which, I did both, and they had seed potatoes for winter planting
for sale.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.