Old 22-10-2014, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Phaelenopsis success

On 22/10/2014 19:14, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 22/10/2014 19:03, Spider wrote:

It took months for the plant to respond at all, and 2-3 years before I
could be sure it was alive and growing well. Earlier this year it put
out a flowering spike, which is now blooming. Looking today, I see it
has a 2nd and 3rd flower spike just starting to develop.

In my limited experience this is quite typical of phalaenopsis. They
seem to really resent repotting, but eventually respond and flower well.
Until the next repotting...

Oh. I'm surprised. I've never had a problem with routine repotting.
This was the first time I'd ever lopped off one root system and had to
wait for another to take.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London