Old 23-10-2014, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Phaelenopsis success

"David" wrote

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/botrytr...hid-22392.html

It's the flowers that have very little dark dots all over them, the leaves
are fine despite me watering all over them during the summer.

Never had that happen, scale on the flowers yes, but never fungus.
However I never water all over my Phal plants as any water left in the crown
overnight will cause rot so I water the pot only. The best method is to part
fill a bucket with the water/food and let the phal pot sit in that for some
while to soak the compost through completely. The commercial growers have
benches they can automatically flood and drain.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.