Old 23-10-2014, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Hasn't beens

"David" wrote

Well that's the last of my runner beans.
I picked the last of them yesterday, enough for a couple of meals, now all
that is left hanging are a lot of light blue pods saved for seed.
Yes I did say light blue.
I spray the pods I want to keep with Oasis flower spray so they don't get
picked by accident. I just select the best pods over time so that with luck
I'll be improving the strain, and not using the left over pods at the end
of the season.

Have you tried treating the roots like Dahlia tubers and overwintering them?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.