Old 23-10-2014, 03:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default What ate my shamrock (oxalis)?

Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Patty Winter said:
Frank wrote:

Dirt around pot makes me think squirrels.

Oh, sorry if I wasn't clear. The plant HAD been on the deck, but
I moved it atop a garden toolbox to minimize the chance of it
being attacked again. In the process, I took it out of its external
pot. The dirt you see is just the lower part of the roots that had
grown through the bottom of the internal part.

Do you have earwigs in your area? They feed at night and mainly
stick to seedlings, leaves, and flowers (when they are feeding on
plants).

I've also observed gold finches and house finches nibbling greens at
various times. They tend to hit one plant over and over, in my
experience. I've had them nibble on various herbs, lettuce, and
broccoli tops.

Use this:
http://www.amazon.com/GW-Security-In...E17B5KHB J8D8