Old 24-10-2014, 01:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default lima beans in heavy soil

Steve Peek wrote:
That's a new trick for me. Previously the
only way I could get them to come up was to
cover the seeds with creek sand.

i would probably change the method to make
it some cheap and hardy pea as the additional
seed source so they could be clearly told
apart.

this year almost every lima bean planted
came up just fine, but the end of the season
finish has been rather poor. most of the
late ones that i was able to harvest in
previous years have been rotten this year.

that's about the same for the greasy
beans too. most i could harvest last year
but not this year.

songbird