Old 24-10-2014, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sterilising alder seeds with hydrogen peroxide

In article ,
Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

Michael is unlikely to breed huge alder seeds to feed the world (although
it would be great) so I suggest you don't encourage him too much because it
will lead to him being very disappointed.
And I wouldn't like that.

iirc his posting to urg, Michael has been happily pursuing his alder
objective for many years, without the least sign of progress, success,
disappointment or discouragement.

IOW he is happy to be obsessed with growing his hearts desire. Pretty
much like most longterm gardeners here.

The difference between a world-changing visionary and someone just
riding a hobby-horse can be told only long after the event. I don't
give him a high chance of pulling this off, but I commend his
vision and determination.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.