Old 26-10-2014, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sterilising alder seeds with hydrogen peroxide

Chris J Dixon and Christina Websell wrote things like:

alder will not, and don't try and make me a bad person for pointing this
out. It's time someone did.

It depends what you mean by 'bad' :-) If I were evaluating this,
er, debate as an exercise in scientific reasoning, Michael would
get a 'B' and you both would get an 'E'. That's a bad mark ....

He has provided well thought out reasons why he is tackling the
task, and described a viable procedure, but has provided little
evidence why the task should succeed. Hence only a 'B'.

You have provided no reasoning at all, other than the classically
spurious ones of "He hasn't done it yet".

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.