Old 28-10-2014, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Bt are dropping Usenet

"Christina Websell" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote
Just had a mail to tell me BT are no longer providing Usenet access,
turns out they had a tie up with Giganews which is finishing, and
suggesting we all migrate to Giganews directly (from US$4.99 to US$29.99
per month!). Makes News.individual.net look cheap.

My ISP dropped Usenet years ago so I went to News individual.net which
would be cheap at 5 times the price (10 euros/year) They provide a good
service: they filter out almost all spam and there is always a real person
on the end of the email if you need help.
However, I understand Plusnet still support Usenet, you might consider
swapping your ISP to them. I've considered it myself to get free Usenet
access, but tbh, it's too much trouble to save 10 euros.
I recommend NIN and it's not difficult to sign up with them.
https://news.individual.net/

I already use NIN for non-binary Ngs (as well as BT) as they cut out all the
rubbish but it's the binary one I'm interested in although it certainly
isn't worth paying extra for.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.