Old 28-10-2014, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bt are dropping Usenet

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Chris J Dixon" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:

Just had a mail to tell me BT are no longer providing Usenet access,
turns
out they had a tie up with Giganews which is finishing, and suggesting we
all migrate to Giganews directly (from US$4.99 to US$29.99 per month!).
Makes News.individual.net look cheap.

But still more expensive than Eternal September
news.eternal-september.org

Yes but NIN is only Euro10 per year. My problem is I do look/post on a
binary Ng too and both NIN and ES don't do binaries.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

The problem with Eternal September is that it is well known as the home of
trolls (presumably because it's free?) and some people killfile the whole
domain.

I used to look at a binary group too, but I gave it up to have NIN. Which
is worth every single euro, believe me.

I see no spam on newsgroups. No anti-Jew posts, no buy my xxx, nothing
because NIN filter it out before I see it and that's worth 10 euros a year
itself.
I leave it up to you.
It's a no-brainer.