Old 29-10-2014, 01:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Tomatoes with sprouting seeds inside.

Roy wrote:
In the seven decades that I've been eating tomatoes,
this is the first time that I have seen so many store
bought tomatoes with sprouting seeds inside them.

i've never seen that before.

What gives? Do these new varieties bred to resist
rough handling with their tougher inner walls have
the disadvantage of sprouting seeds before they are
consumed? Actually its quite disgusting to see these
worm-like sprouts when the tomato is cut open.

best to take them back to where you bought them and
then they get to pass along the information to their
suppliers. if they never hear anything from their
customers they will assume things are ok...

songbird