Old 30-10-2014, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David B David B is offline

Default Living up to its name

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Grenou" wrote

Oh my .. (as my American online friends, in newsgroups and forums, say).
Maybe I'd better give up, I am obviously not 'doing it' right.
Thankfully my gardening skills are ok, so not too much is lost ?

Let me explain, it's not just a case of you "not doing it right", Emery
was not being pedantic, he was trying to be helpful. Some newsreaders
strip out everything below the signature separators so those using those
types of Newsreaders will never see your posts. That is what the
separators are for, for easy removal (automatic removal) of unnecessary
stuff.

More explanation here.....
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

.... and you will note that when I reply, it will have your post with double
chevrons, Bob's post with single chevrons and my reply (at the bottom) with
no chevrons.
All the signatures have been removed except mine which should be deleted by
yourself or your newsreader when you reply.
HTH

--
David