Old 30-10-2014, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Living up to its name

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"Grenou" wrote

Oh my .. (as my American online friends, in newsgroups and forums, say).
Maybe I'd better give up, I am obviously not 'doing it' right.
Thankfully my gardening skills are ok, so not too much is lost ☺

Let me explain, it's not just a case of you "not doing it right", Emery was
not being pedantic, he was trying to be helpful. Some newsreaders strip out
everything below the signature separators so those using those types of
Newsreaders will never see your posts. That is what the separators are for,
for easy removal (automatic removal) of unnecessary stuff.

More explanation here..... http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

I also just noticed you use Windows Live Mail to come here, just like me. As
a Newsgroup reader and poster program it's pants, it does not treat posts in
accordance with convention/rules, it's clunky, and Microsoft say they will
not fix it.

To get it to work even a bit properly, although not automatically, I had to
download and use
AutoHotKey and WlmQuoteFix
which together do go some way to correct Microsoft's program.

see... http://www.dusko-lolic.from.hr/wlmquote/

and that is the site I downloaded both from years ago so should be OK. You
can insert a signature into it so that when you click the Win+9 key
combination your reply is formatted correctly, including the chevrons, and a
signature is automatically inserted at the bottom so all you have to do is
write the reply.
Works for me.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.