Old 31-10-2014, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Lily Seeds

wrote:
I have some lilly seeds that I collected from mature
seed pods a couple of weeks ago. I do not know what type
of lillies they were, so I don't know whether they have to
be refrigerated for a month or so before planting. All I
can say is that the plants were not the "swamp lillies"
that grow in the wild. I live in the Chicago suburbs, so
the seeds would naturally fall to the ground sometime in
the Fall and then probably not sprout over the winter.
If I refrigerate the seeds for a month or so before
planting, will that do any damage to the seeds?

are the seeds thick coated?

they might need some mechanical action to let
moisture in before planting/sprouting.

otherwise i doubt refrigeration would damage them.

songbird