Old 01-11-2014, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Ewww !

On Sat, 1 Nov 2014 12:04:43 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

My tomatoes have gone all wilty , and they did it overnight ! Yesterday
they were pretty and green , today they're all wilty and starting to turn
dark . Peppers too , but the lettuce , spinach , and bok choy seem to be all
right .
Last night it got down to below 30° here ... about average for our first
frost . Supposed to do it again tonight .

If I have anything tender on the plants when a 32° night is predicted,
I will be out stripping every plant except the ones that I know will
tolerate the temps. I remember one day out picking peppers with
freezing hands. I think I might pick the lettuce or most of it. The
others will tolerated cold better.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills