Old 01-11-2014, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Ewww !

On 11/1/2014 12:04 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
My tomatoes have gone all wilty , and they did it overnight ! Yesterday
they were pretty and green , today they're all wilty and starting to turn
dark . Peppers too , but the lettuce , spinach , and bok choy seem to be all
right .
Last night it got down to below 30° here ... about average for our first
frost . Supposed to do it again tonight .

I'm sure glad I don't live where you do. We have ripe cherry tomatoes
that will be picked later today, the Celebrity toms have large egg sized
green tomatoes on, the eggplants are blooming and there are already
several almost ready to pick. That's the spring summer garden.

Fall garden is doing well, cabbage is starting to head up, broccoli is
stalking, radishes are about done, time for another planting. Lettuce is
doing poorly, I suspect old seed that was left out of refrigeration
while someone who lives with me was deciding what to plant. Same with
the spinach. The green peas are starting to climb.

Yard needs mowing again but the lawn lady what I live with is nursing a
bruised foot and has stolen my cane again. Otherwise beautiful sunshine
with rain possible next week, night temps in the high fifties, low
sixties and daytime in the mid-seventies. It's what passes for fall in
Harris County, TX.

George