Old 01-11-2014, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Ewww !

On 11/1/2014 4:24 PM, songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:

My tomatoes have gone all wilty , and they did it overnight ! Yesterday
they were pretty and green , today they're all wilty and starting to turn
dark . Peppers too , but the lettuce , spinach , and bok choy seem to be all
right .

i try to get the tomatoes and peppers picked before
they get too cold. our bok choy never made it past
the furry critters this season. i don't even think i
got a taste of it thinking it would come back like
most everything else did.

Last night it got down to below 30° here ... about average for our first
frost . Supposed to do it again tonight .

19F forecast here for tonight - it will be the coldest
night forecast for the week. was cold last night too.
can't complain too much, it's been really nice weather
the past month or so for the most part.

songbird

Good Grief Bird! I would freeze to death before the forecast was over.
Supposed to be 45F here tomorrow morning, I'm not going outside until it
warms up. I told my wife I wanted to move to Belize but no, she had to
be close to the grands and great grands. Maybe she will move with me to
Costa Rica. Naw, it's all those babies that keep us here.

Just finished chopping and freezing a tray of sweet chiles, may be the
last of our season but there's lots of little ones on the plants still.

George