Old 02-11-2014, 08:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mad Cow Mad Cow is offline

Default OT. My ISP is giving up on Usenet

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
"BarbaraH" wrote

After serious thinking Bob Hobden wrote :
My ISP (BT) is to give up giving us access to Usenet newsgroups from 3rd
December so for now it looks like I won't be around here much longer
unless I find a cheap alternative binaries news server.
Sign of the times?

Try Terranews, there's a small one off payment, then it's free

http://www.teranews.com/

After a lot of research I have gone down the route you suggested Barbara, a
one off payment and as you will see I'm using Teranews. I shall continue to
use news.individual.net as my text only Ng server as they are superb at
cutting out rubbish.

There isn't the rubbish there used to be. Even spammers hardly bother
with Usenet now!
--
Sue ]