Old 03-11-2014, 05:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Red Boyle Red Boyle is offline

Default Rose Campion

On Tuesday, September 9, 2014 9:02:27 AM UTC-5, Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Red Boyle said:
I'm trying to start Rose Campion in Texas from seed. I've tried twice to no

avail.

Can anyone give me pointers on how to go about it?

Seeds need at least 2 weeks of chill. *Surface sow* on moist potting soil
and refrigerate. Afterwards, they need light to germinate and 70 deg F.

Outdoors, sow in early spring or in autumn. Rose campion tolerates
drought once established but needs moist but *well-drained* soil to
germinate.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Thanks for the responses. I'll give it a go again. I love the plant but haven't been able to get them started.