Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Jim Webster

Default Government denies burying GM report (PA News and Independent)

Marcus Williamson wrote in message

December 30, 2002

Government denies burying GM report
by pa news

Michael Meacher, the Environment Minister, today denied trying to
"bury" a report into GM crop cross-contamination.

I must admit I have a bit of sympathy for him
Sticking it on the web is a strange way to bury anything.
Especially sticking it on the web just before a holiday period when
everyone has time to go and look for it.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/...epg-1-5-84.htm

for summary and links to full report.

Personally I think the papers are getting fed up of being side lined,
they might lose sales. But for this sort of thing they are not necessary
any more. They would never have published the entire report anyway, just
selected highlights.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'