Old 04-11-2014, 03:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Glyphosate

F Murtz wrote:

If I have some raised gardens with vegies in them and grass weeds start
growing can I carefully paint the weed with glyphosate without affecting
the vegies?

No matter how carefully you apply glyphosate as the 'weed' dies the
chemical will dissolve into the soil and affect your vegetable plants,
and you when you eat them, if you get any. You can mulch but weeding
crops is always a physical chore; sweat/labor. My garden is 50' X 50'
on the ground, during the growing season I use weed block cloth as
much as possible, the quality grades will last 15-20 years... after
fall tilling I cover every sq in with cloth for winter... saves a
tremendous amount of weeding come spring when weeds emerge
prolifically before the ground is dry enough to work.