Old 04-11-2014, 11:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Glyphosate

On 11/4/2014 11:29 AM, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 04/11/2014 15:48, Brooklyn1 wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

If I have some raised gardens with vegies in them and grass weeds start
growing can I carefully paint the weed with glyphosate without affecting
the vegies?

No matter how carefully you apply glyphosate as the 'weed' dies the
chemical will dissolve into the soil and affect your vegetable plants,
and you when you eat them, if you get any.

I am sure that with such specific claims you will be happy to provide
numerous links which support your statements.

Glyphosate decomposes into harmless residue in 3-5 days after it is
applied.

I generally avoid using glyphosate because it is hard to keep it away
from plants I do not want to kill. That is why I suggested a
grass-specific herbicide to the originator of this thread.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see