Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Oz

Default The DEFRA [Uk] report into "GM contamination"

Plantigens writes

Maize and rape are almost the only plants which can cause such pollen
problems. Here we definitely need extra care.

There are no species x-breeding with maize in europe.

{ & that being said, remember that 'canola', a GM crop, is the second
healthiest vegetable oil for human consumption }

Canola is NOT a GM crop per se. I grow lots and NONE of it is GM.

Future regulations need to and should recognise the vastly reduced
contamination potential of 'self pollinators', 'non-pollinators' and
non-food plants, and legislate accordingly for them.

********. It's the effect on wild relatives that counts.
In the case of RR that's nothing.
In the case of insecticide resistance that may be substantial.

Molecular Farming, especially Medical Molecular Farming, with it's potential
to save millions of lives, must not be allowed to be lost to hysteria.

Maybe, but get real.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.