Old 06-11-2014, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
philgurr philgurr is offline

Default Black runner beans

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Bigal" wrote

Snip
Two of the pods were still joined on the flower stalk, which makes me
think that it was a single plant that produced them. Comments
please, and I am sure that it wasn't the black leaking out of the
biochar.

The interesting bit will be seeing what grows from them next year.

I keep seed from my 'enorma' every year and this year three of the
pods produced beans that were almost black. The interesting thing
is that those three pods were about twice the width of normal
'enorma' pods. Have separated the black beans and can't wait
to see what appears next year.

Phil