Old 06-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

I feel the same way about growing them next year. I had about 20 pods which I think must have come from the same plant. More than enough beans to make a full row of 24 plants'. Two other neighbours grow runners so could well be some cross fertilisation.. I have enough beans shelled to be able to cook them. Never tried them before. I also had a couple of pods with beans that were a light purple lilac sort of colour and were very large compared to the others. but my son pinched those and intends to grow them,
It has been an unusual year for me. Saved some seeds last year from a supermarket BIG tomato. Planted two and had one grow big toms and the other on a standard size tom.. The big ones were pretty standard and some ended up being diced for use in future curries. The standard one has turned out to the best flavoured tom I've ever tasted. It is firm and meaty and doesn't go soft. I assume the original must have been a hybrid f1. l am saving the seed from both types this year hoping that they might grow true.. Thanks for your comments.