Old 07-11-2014, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening
Michael Uplawski Michael Uplawski is offline

Default Newsgroup providers

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 18:32:39 +0000 (GMT),
Nick Maclaren wrote:

It is well-known that trolls are extremly ignorant, so I will
excuse you for not realising how much information on the history
of technology is accessible from such records.

Suffering from burns by technology, I am backing this statement and want
to add, that conversation-skills, too, benefit from the lecture of
historic postings. In a world where knowledge is considered balast if it
comprises more than knowing which button to push, I am often lacking the
vocabulary (German, French or English, doesn't matter) to give the right
orientation to the people who seek my advice. The “early days” have the
advantage that the basics where about all that we had to talk about. The
communication was clearer and arguments more pertinent.

Those who don't get that now, won't later.

F'up to gardening

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
GnuPG/OpenPGP 4096R/3216CF02 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]