Old 07-11-2014, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mushroom mushroom...

"FrankB" wrote in message

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 22:24:03 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

I understand that much of naming a mushroom is recognition of where
they
are growing as much as what they look like... I think I'm averse
because
a nice one can look so much like a super toxic version.

Not any of the ones we eat. I'm cautious and experienced, we don't go
near anything that can be confused with something really nasty.

Picked what looks a lot like Suillus Luteus, except it's not growing near
Scots pine, but birch instead, so it's probably a Leccinum of some kind,
but
not one with a long slim stalk. Mone of those seem to listed as poisonous,
so I might risk it.

Please don't.