Old 07-11-2014, 04:47 AM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening
soup[_8_] soup[_8_] is offline

Default Newsgroup providers

On 06/11/2014 18:32, Nick Maclaren wrote:

It is well-known that trolls are extremly ignorant, so I will
excuse you for not realising how much information on the history
of technology is accessible from such records.

Oh there is lots of information on the history available in such an
archive..

But is the average schmoo at all interested? Maybe in a few years time
there will be a(nother) TV program on how digital electronic computing
came about and how ARPANET developed into the internet and...

Just as an aside, I am not trolling (bored yes but not trolling) I
genuinely believe that while you think an extensive archive of every
Usenet (and before) post is a good thing I genuinely believe that it is
such a small market and will cost so much that no-one has calculated
that it is worth doing.