Old 12-11-2014, 05:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default What to do with Osage oranges?

On 12/11/2014 1:52 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Fran Farmer wrote:

On 12/11/2014 6:56 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Don Wiss wrote:
hrhofmann wrote:

I have access to a couple dozen Osage Oranges if I want them.
But, I can't figure out what to do with them. Help!

Years ago I put a pile of them on my stoop:
http://donwiss.com/pictures/house/h0004.htm

Very attractive doors.

I agree. They are gorgeous doors (and nice looking Osage Oranges too).

They are better looking now. I removed those brass sheets at the bottom
that were covering over damaged wood. I had wood veneered over the damage.
And I removed the metal plates that were surrounding the locks. And the
not-in-use brass doorbell was removed and the stone filled in. (There is
now an intercom.)

What is missing are the solid wood doors that were just behind the pair of
glass doors. The fellow that sold the house in 1959 took them. And still
has them in his basement. (He also took off and gave away many of the
overmantles. All this done after the contract was signed and before the
closing.)

What a mongrel act!!!!! BTW, gorgeous house and stunning timber work,
but I'd like to know what a 'pocket door' happens to be? I've not heard
that term before.

I picked up the osage oranges in Prospect Park. There could be some there
now.