Old 12-11-2014, 07:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default What to do with Osage oranges?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Fran Farmer wrote:

On 12/11/2014 1:52 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
What is missing are the solid wood doors that were just behind the pair of
glass doors. The fellow that sold the house in 1959 took them. And still
has them in his basement. (He also took off and gave away many of the
overmantles. All this done after the contract was signed and before the
closing.)

What a mongrel act!!!!! BTW, gorgeous house and stunning timber work,
but I'd like to know what a 'pocket door' happens to be? I've not heard
that term before.

The fellow that was buying the house in 1959 caught him taking the doors.
They were friends. He let the doors be taken. I don't know about all the
overmantels. But at the time it was a rooming house and people didn't care
so much about these things.

A pocket door slides into the wall. The house has eight of them. Half of
them double doors, and half single doors.