Old 12-11-2014, 01:13 PM
SecondFromLeft SecondFromLeft is offline
Registered User

Default Couch Grass what should I cover it with?

Hi,

I have recently taken on a large allotment which has a severe case of couch grass invasion. Could someone please tell me the best thing to cover the area with whilst I am working on other parts of the allotment.

If I can help it I do not want to use any weed killers. I have read covering over is one of the better solutions.

My two thoughts of covers are a think black plastic polythene sheet Something like : (HEAVY DUTY BLACK POLYTHENE PLASTIC SHEETING 4M WIDE DPM ROLLS 300MU 1200 GAUGE | eBay)

With option two being heavy duty garden control fabric. Something like : (Kenley Garden Landscape Weed Control Fabric Ground Cover - Heavy Duty 100GSM | eBay)

Does anyone have any preference over these two options or am I missing something better on the market.