Old 13-11-2014, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Mystery houseplant: please ID

Jeff Layman wrote:
: On 12/11/2014 01:49, ] wrote:
: Dear All,
: Can anyone identify this houseplant for me? It has just flowered for
: the first time. Here are 5 pics of varying quality taken from
: different angles.

[cut]

: The plant is Eucharis amazonica or Eucharis x grandiflora. See here for
: further info:
: http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswik...x.php/Eucharis

: You should find that it has a rather strange scent, which some like and
: some don't. I have grown this plant for many years, and it seems to
: flower when it wants to, sometimes more than once a year, sometimes
: missing a year or two. It will slowly bulk up, and after a few years you
: will have several bulbs to give away.

Many thanks for the ID. It certainly looks like one of those.

Tom.

Ps. The email address in the header is just a spam-trap.
--
Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.