Old 13-11-2014, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Couch Grass what should I cover it with?

"Janet" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
lid says...

Carpet is also better as it allows water through

Isn't that a bad thing if you are trying to kill couch grass?

Doesn't matter. Lack of light kills plants.

Janet.

Yes but if you stop the water going into the ground it has to go somewhere
and you end up with very wet soggy areas around the edges and dry areas in
the middle. as both things will exclude light I was merely pointing out that
carpet lets the water through. Either way its going to take at least 6
months 12 would be safer.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs