Old 14-11-2014, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Couch Grass what should I cover it with?

On 12/11/2014 18:11, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

Hi,

I have recently taken on a large allotment which has a severe case of
couch grass invasion. Could someone please tell me the best thing to
cover the area with whilst I am working on other parts of the
allotment.

Consider old wool carpet on a canvas backing.

Locally, I can get any amount, delivered free from the carpet company
that removes it before fitting new carpets. They are delighted to give
it away (and deliver free) because they would otherwise have to deliver
it to waste disposal and pay commercial waste rates.

Janet.

My local authority has banned carpet from allotments.....check your site
rules.

--
Adventure before dementia.
http://www.secondchance-rehoming.co.uk/