Old 14-11-2014, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bug bats

Those things that look like tennis rackets and are powered by batteries.
Three years ago I saw some small moths in my house. Being moth friendly, I
thought they were some sort of micro that had come in from the garden. Until
I noticed my expensive rug had been chomped.
Now these moths only fly at night, and for only around 15 seconds so you
have to leap up the moment you see one and zap them.
Also works well on those small flies that you get if you save teabags and
stuff and can't be bothered to take to the compost heap for 2 weeks.
Satisfying fizz from the bug bat.
No good for bluebottles and houseflies, they are too fast.