Old 15-11-2014, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Agave stolen

On 15/11/2014 21:25, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Spider" wrote ...

On 15/11/2014 12:39, Bob Hobden wrote:
Went downstairs this morning at about 07.30 and noticed the front gate
was open, looked out and there it was gone.

One of our two large Agave americana Marginata, the biggest one that was
given to me by a friend over 40+ years ago as a tiny offshoot. They have
both been in our front garden for years. Has to have been a
"professional" job as it probably needed two to carry it in it's tall
square clay pot, I use a wheeled truck to move it, and they would need
some sort of protective gear, certainly needed a van or pickup to move
it away.

Unfortunately I haven't got 40 years to grow another that big! B'stards

So sorry to hear that, Bob. I hope you have reported it to the local
police, especially since the thieves were clearly well-prepared. We
had similar problems in our road a few years ago and all incidents
were reported. No-one got their plants/ornaments back, alas, but the
two-legged rats were nicked. Well worth a phone call, I'd say.

They were informed by email at about 8 am this morning and phoned me
back almost immediately, caught me in the shower, to tell me there isn't
much they can do unless I can find a CCTV of them loading it or driving
off with it. The Dentist on the corner has good CCTV so I'm hopeful but
have to wait 'till Monday.

Good luck with that. We have CCTV. It does make a huge difference.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London