Old 16-11-2014, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Agave stolen

This has grown to quite a thread which now includes CCTV Cameras and 'dummy'
cameras.

May I give a bit of advice on fitting these 'dummy cameras'?

""Fitting? They don't have to be fitted, just stick up where the scroats can
see them""

NO .. NO .. NO .. NO .. NO

Now I know that my postings are read by those who claim to have kill filed
me, but you still read me and can therefore learn something here :-) .....
;-)

If you have to fit a 'live' camera, (or a security alarm external bell) what
have you, or the engineer has to consider?

""Will it be seen?"" ..... ""Will it have the scan?"" ...... ""Will it be
safe?"" ........ ""Will the scroats be able to noble it so that it doesn't
record?"" .........

and of course these apply to the dummy as well.

What is missing which has to be considered by those fitting a working
system?

Nothing??????

What about the cables going to it?

""A DUMMY DOESN'T HAVE ANY CABLES""

And if you stick your dummy camera in the middle of a lovely rendered wall
which is obviously in the middle of a bedroom wall on the other side, scroat
knows.

An engineer will fit it near to somewhere so that when he drills through the
wall, yes cavity as well, he will come out in a cupboard which is usually in
the corner of a section of the building or up through the eaves into a roof
space.

The other alternative is a gable which common sense tells you it goes
through to a roof space

Now your homework this week is to check out external Security Alarms and
CCTV cameras to see how many are dummies considering what I have taught you.
.......... Yes those who have laughingly kill filed me too :-) ..... You
have to laugh don't you?

Mike
Who has installed these things and who has been teaching in a prison for two
years with the scroats I am talking about.
Advertising space going to waste at the moment
but I will do something about it ASAP
(For those who ask ;-)
This make four lines I believe ... ;-)

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

Went downstairs this morning at about 07.30 and noticed the front gate was
open, looked out and there it was gone.

One of our two large Agave americana Marginata, the biggest one that was
given to me by a friend over 40+ years ago as a tiny offshoot. They have
both been in our front garden for years. Has to have been a "professional"
job as it probably needed two to carry it in it's tall square clay pot, I
use a wheeled truck to move it, and they would need some sort of protective
gear, certainly needed a van or pickup to move it away.

Unfortunately I haven't got 40 years to grow another that big! B'stards

--
Regards
Bob Hobden