Old 17-11-2014, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dieffenbachia Dumb Cane

On 16/11/2014 22:39, Andy89 wrote:
Hello, I've literally just joined and made a quick attempt at navigating
the site, so I apologise if this is in the wrong forum section.

I'm interested in a plant i've narrowed down to being a type of
dieffenbachia called dumb cane as opposed to the leopard lilly or camile
types, but just googling it provides a range of different latin names
and what seem to be fairly major changes in appearance, but I think a
common name for the one I find most attractive is "Tropic Snow".

I had seen such plants for sale online until a few months ago and they
no longer seem to be available anywhere in the UK, and yet the smaller
"Leopard Lilly" types are still on sale at the likes of Homebase, i'm
aware they're poisonous and i assume thats why i can't find any dealers.

It's most certainly a lot rarer than it used to be. I guess it is
because there are somewhat similar-looking alternatives that aren't
poisonous. And I also guess that it isn't human poisoning which is the
problem, but pets - particularly cats and dogs.

So, my question really boils down to -Does anyone know where I can get
hold of one?

See IP36 he
http://www.fleurtations.uk.com/medium_light_plants.asp

And not quite what you are after: