Old 17-11-2014, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lawn replacement

In article ,
Broadback wrote:

My lawn, of about the same size was very tatty. Then I had a large tree
removed from near the lawn, the stump grinders equipment left two long
gouges/depressions in the lawn. I considered having it "refurbished" at
a cost of almost £2,000, my exchequer (wife) vetoed that. So I searched
the net and found: The Lawnsmith at Lawnsmith.co.uk. I read and took his
advice, purchased equipment and fertilisers etc... worked hard over last
Summer and Autumn, my lawn now looks great, no moss and few weeds. The
cost a little over £100, I am well pleased. Of course being retired
meant I had the time.

I can second that. Mine was half moss, and was being taken over
by unsuitable weeds. Lots of ferrous sulphate and fertiliser,
one go of (yuck) Verdone, and it is quite reasonable. Of course,
the moss is returning now that we are into the soggy season,
but it was the dominance that was the problem.

Buy 1 Kg tubs of ferrous sulphate online, or 5 Kg if you have a
large lawn.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.