Old 17-11-2014, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Agave stolen

On 17/11/2014 13:15, Emery Davis wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 18:51:38 +0000, Spider wrote:

So sorry to hear that, Bob. I hope you have reported it to the local
police, especially since the thieves were clearly well-prepared. We had

+1. So sorry to hear about your loss, this sort of thing really makes me
spit.

Indeed.
Really bad luck to have kept it for so long and then have it stolen.

Unfortunately in the run up to Xmas with the long dark nights it is
definitely the season for things being vanished - also check your garden
shed / garage is properly secure. Quadbikes seem to be a big target
around here followed closely by catalytic converters.

I wonder if there are any wireless magnet and reed switch based alarms
for protecting remote garden ornaments or valuable specimen plants?
(trouble is reed switches tend to fail closed)

--
Regards,
Martin Brown