Old 20-11-2014, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Toby Jones Toby Jones is offline

Default Lawn replacement

Chris French wrote:
I would try to avoid rotavating it. It will then be quite a bit of work
to get it levelled and firm again.

Feeding etc. has already been mentioned. I'd be tempted to sow some seed
on the more sparse areas. It's rather late really, but if we have
another mild winter who knows, it might germinate. If not you can always
do it again (or as well) in the spring

Probably worth scarifying with a lawn rake first.

Thanks everyone. It sounds like the timing is wrong to do anything to do
anything this side of spring, so there's not much that can be done until
then (given it might mean having to do it all again if the winter is harsh)
so sounds like we want to pause for the moment...

Toby