Old 22-11-2014, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Warm autumn

In article ,
says...

In article ,
Trevor wrote:
Just a few oddities for a start - Snowdrops emerging, caterpillars still
on brassicas -my July sown spinach and purple sprouting brocolli (in
polytunnel) now at size I would normally see in April - bizarre!

I have a hemerocallis in a pot (don't ask) just about to flower.
Now, that's seriously out of phase!

I have a hemerocallis about to open. Snow poppy in flower, daffodil
buds showing, fish still feeding, midges still dancing (though not
biting). We've not had any frost yet (isle of Arran) and it's still very
mild.

I don't recall a year when summer woody growth was so rambunctious,
the autumn trim so necessary, or produced such a mountain of stuff to
burn.

Janet.