Old 24-11-2014, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Warm autumn

Hi Michael,

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:23:28 +0100, Michael Uplawski wrote:

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 12:33:21 -0000,
Janet wrote:
I don't recall a year when summer woody growth was so rambunctious,
the autumn trim so necessary, or produced such a mountain of stuff to
burn.

As for Normandy, I am not yet in a position to complain about or to
praise its climate. The first frost passed and there appear to be few
insects left.

Interesting, although we live very near it hasn't frozen yet or even
gotten very close. And there are an amazing amount of mosquitoes and
gnats: I can't ever remember so many in this season (usually don't get
that many mosquitoes at all). There will be at least one more mow of the
lawn, I did one this past WE in spite of the wet.

You're up on me, I haven't started the planting yet. Did you get the
medlar in?

cheers,

-E

--