Old 26-11-2014, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default Buying Netting

On 26/11/14 12:21, john t west wrote:
Am putting up a fruit cage 8ft long x 6ft wide x 6ft high, for someone
at their allotment.

And I'm confronted by a bewildering array of different types of netting
available. Also confusingly, I've seen advised; using a 'different
netting' for the roof, than for the sides of the cage.

Can anyone advise from 'where' I can buy a * reasonably-priced * netting
please. Thanks.

I used cheap nylon netting stapled on, and where it wasn't wide enough I
stretched a wire where the join would be and tie-wrapped it to that.
This works well.

The birds do not like it and do not attack it, and if it gets damaged it
can be patched with more tie wraps!