Old 26-11-2014, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Buying Netting

On 26/11/2014 12:21, john t west wrote:
Am putting up a fruit cage 8ft long x 6ft wide x 6ft high, for someone
at their allotment.

And I'm confronted by a bewildering array of different types of netting
available. Also confusingly, I've seen advised; using a 'different
netting' for the roof, than for the sides of the cage.

I can't advise you in general on netting, but I would surmise that the
advice about using different netting for the roof may be to allow for
the weight of snow in winter. I seem to remember someone on urg losing
their fruit cage roof and having to replace it, so the type of netting
does have a bearing on the matter. Perhaps ring Harrods Horticulture or
Agriframes for their advice?

Can anyone advise from 'where' I can buy a * reasonably-priced * netting
please. Thanks.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London