Old 26-11-2014, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Buying Netting

"john t west" wrote ...

Am putting up a fruit cage 8ft long x 6ft wide x 6ft high, for someone at
their allotment.

And I'm confronted by a bewildering array of different types of netting
available. Also confusingly, I've seen advised; using a 'different
netting' for the roof, than for the sides of the cage.

Can anyone advise from 'where' I can buy a * reasonably-priced * netting
please. Thanks.

Bought our fruit cages from Harrod Horticulture and they came with nylon
welded netting for the sides, so quite stiff, and soft pliable woven mesh
netting for the roof. Unfortunately if it snows and it settles on the roof
the roof netting can get stretched possibly even damaging the cage so they
recommend taking off the roof netting each winter, or if like us you are
using it as a cabbage cage, changing the roof netting for a wide anti pigeon
netting which lets the snow through easier.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.