Old 27-11-2014, 03:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default What to do with all the leaves?

Brooklyn1 writes:

Gus Overton wrote:

In the 70s people used to burn them in my hometown, I remember my dad
doing it but it was noticed that's not really good idea when the
flaming leaves get on houses, dry bushes, etc. And the city created
a law banning it
I'm an idiot. I put the front leaves in a plastic bag. I forgot you
aren't supposed to do that anymore. They have biodegradable bags
now you use. I assume the hardware store down the street has some.
There were a billion leaves in the backyard and I did put those where
the tomato plants were. I guess I should empty the plastic bag back
there too. But there are so many leaves I don't think they will
decompose. I should bury them?

On a windy morning I mowed my leaves with mulching blades and they
blew away.

Yeah we saw the pictures of your place.
Let some trees grow and come back in 30 years.

--
Dan Espen