Old 27-11-2014, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default At the risk of being a bore...

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 17:53:26 +0000, David
wrote:

On 26/11/2014 17:26, Christina Websell wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic ways
of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is edifying and
very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are in the UK!

It's a nice programme scheduled at a bad time. It's against Deal or no
Deal on C4. which is very popular. So how about 7.30 when we can sit back
and enjoy it?

Also no on Sunday at around 8.15am here in wales

it's enjoyable enough but we think the Hot Air Balloon is a bit of a
gimmick. Did they really encounter the right weather conditions that
would let them soar accurately enough over all those gardens?
Balloons tend to go where the air currents take them.
Suspect most aerial shots were taken from one of the more
sophisticated drone platforms that are now available and that a lot of
shots of a balloon taking off are miles away on a different occasion.
But a title " Gardens we have driven to and got an aerial photography
contractor in to film us " doesn't sound the same.
And the boat they presented one place with recently to haul out water
Lilies was a bit daft. Nicely presented old wooden boat, but a modern
low maintenance aluminium work Punt would be more practical,more
stable,hold more and easily washed out in a few minutes and valuable
time saved not having to Paint/Varnish it regulary.

G.Harman